EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Program hangs at OnKeyPassphrase()

Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.
Posted: 04/17/2007 16:14:00
by George Rajdl (Basic support level)

I have a c# program built with Visual Studio 2005.

I have an array of files which I iterate through and decrypt one at a time, after an few iterations, my application hangs at the OnKeyPassphrase() event. I set the Passphrase at that event and then the program stalls and nothing ever happens again. There are no
errors or exceptions.

Posted: 04/18/2007 01:29:51
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Does it "hang" (which is quite impossible) or just calls the event handler again and again?

In any case, does this happen with some particular file or with a random file of the array? If this happens with some particular file, check that the key password is correct and try to reproduce the issue with a sample application.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 04/18/2007 12:55:50
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Please also try to specify the password via TElPGPReader.KeyPassphrase property instead of passing it via the OnKeyPassphrase event and check if the hangup is still present.

Statistics

Topic viewed 2560 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!