EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

SSLBlackBox VCL support for OSX and iOS

Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.
Posted: 03/20/2014 05:28:15
by James Foster (Basic support level)

I need HTTPS client functionality using Indy with Delphi on Windows, OSX and iOS.

Can SSLBlackBox VCL edition be used for this?

Thank you.
Posted: 03/20/2014 05:36:56
by Roland Kossow (Standard support level)

should be possible but you will need the VCL and NG versions of the components.
If you just want SSL - why do you not use just Indy?
But SecureBlackbox is awesome - no doubt about that.
Posted: 03/20/2014 05:38:01
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for your interest in our products.

SecureBlackbox has its own components for HTTPS . They are available in VCL edition for Windows and MacOS X (also useable with FPC for iOS), and in new NG edition for Delphi/iOS and Delphi/Android. NG edition is in beta now.

Indy IOHandler is currently supported only on Windows. Maybe it would work on OS X as well, but this has not been tested. Also we don't have immediate plans to support it in NG edition (for Delphi/iOS and Delphi/Android) due to low demand.

We recommend that you look at our HTTP/HTTPS components.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 03/20/2014 05:56:46

Thank you for your answer.

I just found out about HTTPBlackbox. Can I use the VCL edition for HTTPS client functionality with Delphi on Windows and Mac OSX?

I am not interested in Indy in particular, I just thought it might be a good idea for cross-platform single code base (Windows and OSX). Can I use HTTPS Blackbox instead of Indy for a single code base cross platform HTTPS client using Delphi?
Posted: 03/20/2014 06:09:01

Yes, SecureBlackbox includes client components for all major protocols (IMAP is the exception and we are working on it) and Indy is not needed at all - SecureBlackbox components offer equal or wider functionality. And of course the your codebase would be the same, as components for all platforms are compiled from the same source code.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 03/20/2014 08:13:51

Thank you. HTTPBlackbox looks like what I need.

When buying a licence for the VCL edition, does the license include the source code?

I tested the trial version and when raising exceptions, it asks for the .pas files. Source code would be useful for debugging.
Posted: 03/20/2014 08:15:26
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Yes - source code is included.
Posted: 03/20/2014 08:31:33

James Foster wrote:
I tested the trial version and when raising exceptions, it asks for the .pas files.

In most cases exceptions are handled internally. You just need to add them to Exclusions list in Debugger settings in IDE.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.

Topic viewed 749 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!