EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

HttpClient to send a SOAP-request

Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.
Posted: 03/18/2014 13:06:29
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Moved to HelpDesk.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 03/18/2014 13:18:57
by Toni Santa (Standard support level)

It could be the problem is in the Certification Storage. I've a PKCS11CertStorage on the form where I load the certificate for authentification (token/smartcard with PIN). Since on the TElHtmlsClient exists two properties (CertStorage and ClientCertStorage), what are the differences (the second is missing in the help) and which one I've to use to pass the certificate to the server for authentification?
best regards
Toni
Posted: 03/18/2014 13:22:43

CertStorage is an obsolete property which was used as a quick way to accept server certificates. It's recommended to use TElX59CertificateValidator class instead.

ClientCertStorage is a handy way to provide client-side certificates to the server for authentication. I.e. that's what you are probably asking about.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 03/19/2014 06:28:58
by Toni Santa (Standard support level)

Yesterdays "access violation" has disappeared after "nilling" the CertStorage-property. So feel free to close yesterdays ticket [TID#24994] in the helpdesk.

Now I use the HttpsClient.OnCertificateNeededEx to set the Certificate
Code
procedure TForm1.HttpsClientCertificateNeededEx(Sender: TObject;
  var Certificate: TElX509Certificate);
begin
  Certificate := frmPKCS11.CertStorage.Certificates[0];
end;

but it code enters endless times in this event (I set a breakpoint in the IDE) and the program hangs. The ClientCertStorage is no longer set (nil). The frmPKCS11.CertStorage.Certificates[0] points to the certificate on the smartcard.
What I'm missing?

best regards
Toni
Posted: 03/19/2014 06:32:06
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

You should pass nil as Certificate parameter once the certificate is loaded. Please refer to this article for details: https://www.eldos.com/documentation/sb...dedex.html
Posted: 03/19/2014 06:42:42

Let me remind that you have a help file installed on your computer, and it makes sense to read documentation if you have problems. Not doing this is plain waste of your time and of time of all forum subscribers.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.

Statistics

Topic viewed 2399 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!