EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Connection lost during transfer

Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.
Posted: 03/05/2014 18:14:41
by Steve Neese (Standard support level)

We have been using SecureBlackBox for a while to send files to clients via FTP and SFTP...We have a single client that we cannot seem to be able to send a file to. The unusual thing is that we are able to connect and start transmitting the file, but it reaches a certain point and fails. It appears as though it is always the same point and the point seems to be related to the file size. Once the file (or files) reaches 149,760 KB, we lose the connection. The only error message we get is "Connection Lost" although I tried it again today, and it seems as though we got a "Packet composed incorrectly" error at the point where the transfer stopped. We've been using our code with the SecBB as our FTP engine for several years, and we have no problems sending files to any of our clients except this one. If I use FileZilla to connect to the client and transfer the files, I have no problems. We are using version 5.0.105, which I know is several years old, but I would like to see if there may be a fix that we can apply in the code before we have to worry about upgrading SecBB and whether the latest version would be compatible with what we have. We are using the VCL version with Delphi 6.0
Posted: 03/06/2014 01:27:10
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

If you have a license, please assign the license ticket to your user account before we continue. The ticket itself and the procedure of it's use are specified in the registration e-mail that was sent to you upon license purchase.

Also the 5th SecureBlackbox is quite old and a lot of compatability improvements were made sinse that version, so you should try the latest one and check if it works with your client.
Posted: 03/06/2014 10:28:21
by Steve Neese (Standard support level)

I'm sorry...I work at an office, and I am not the one that purchased SecBB, I'm just the software engineer trying to fix it. I have a LicenseKey.der file on my computer where it looks as though SecBB was installed, but I have no idea if that is what I am looking for or, if it is, how to link it to my profile. I did a search, and the only references I can find are exactly what was posted here, that the procedure to use it is in the email that someone got when we bought the license. I will check with our platform services people to see if they can find that, but any help you can give me to try and link my license would be helpful. My first question is going to be, does my license cover new updates, so I guess we need to find that....

Statistics

Topic viewed 337 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!