EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

DC Module (Multiple Files at once)

Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.
Posted: 03/04/2014 02:38:24
by Pablo Cervera (Standard support level)

I've been solved the problem. I think the ByteArrayOutputStream array was unintialized and works fine using an auxiliary ByteArrayOutputStream in this way:

Code

for (int i=0;i<inStreams.length;i++)
                {
                   ByteArrayOutputStream aux = new ByteArrayOutputStream();
                   server.process(inStreams[i], aux);
                   outStreams[i]=aux;
                }

At the end of the process i get a XML document containing not only the states signed, also i get the original states at the beginning.

For example.
When applet is called i have: (both are the same PDF, so the strings are the same)
Code
<states>
<state>77u/PD94bWwgdmVyc2lvb.......
</state>
<state>77u/PD94bWwgdmVyc2lvb......
</state>
</states>

When the applet return the XML, have the above structure and also, the states signed, like this:

Code
<states>
<state>77u/PD94bWwgdmVyc2lvb.......
</state>
<state>77u/PD94bWwgdmVyc2lvb......
</state>
</states>

<states>
<state>
PD94bWwgdmVyc2lvb.....this string is too much large than the original, obviously
</state>
<state>
PD94bWwgdmVyc2lvb.....this string is too much large than the original, obviously
</state>
</states>

I believe is right, or not?

Thank you very much
Posted: 03/04/2014 04:37:15
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Hello Pablo,

This is not correct. The output shall only contain states returned by the process() method calls. Please re-check (on the applet side) that the returned stream is empty before you start writing output states to it.
Posted: 03/04/2014 05:44:35

Hello Ken

All right, everything was right, human error transforming docIn and docOut to string (to see the results). Now is everything fine.

I get an error compiling whole project related to Base64Decode library...

I've attached a capture.

Can i use ELBase64 class to do encode/decode operations and bypass Base64Decode library?

Posted: 03/04/2014 05:55:48
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Can i use ELBase64 class to do encode/decode operations and bypass Base64Decode library?

Yes you can. You'll need ElBase64.encodeString method.
Posted: 04/15/2014 01:50:25

Hi, thank you very much for all your advices
The development was finished a long time ago, everythings work fine.

Now I have a new question.
I need to do the same but on mobile devices. The target will be, Android and Iphone.
I know Iphone doesn't work with Java or ActiveX...so, has SecureBlackBox any support for this plataforms?

Thank you again
Posted: 04/15/2014 01:54:33
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Hello.

You can use SecureBlackbox C++ edition for IPhone and Java edition for Android.
Posted: 04/15/2014 02:38:09
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Pablo, can you please clarify if you want a browser-side module that would work on the mobile device? I am afraid that would not be possible without crafting an installable application for the device.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 04/15/2014 03:02:40

Yes, of course, I apologize...
My idea is to develop an app, that can sign in the same way as the web browser project but not in a browser.
I mean, I don't want the user browse the actual development with his mobile device, that app will make all the work...

Sorry for my english!

I hope you understand me

Best Regards!
Posted: 04/15/2014 12:42:04
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Then as Vsevolod has suggested you can use Java and C++ edition of SecureBlackbox for Android and iOS respectively. You can start with the evaluation version for now.

Also it's important to determine if the architecture still needs to be distributed, i.e. the data is (and remains) on the server, and signing is done on the client, right?

Also you need to check how certificates will be accessed on the mobile systems. The reason is that Android system certificates are accessible only on 4.1 and later systems (maybe even on 4.2 and later, Vsevolod knows better), and on iOS we don't work with system certificate storage at all yet. So files with certificates are the only option on iOS and on some Android devices. PKCS#11 interface will be supported in version 12 on Android and iOS but again the devices themselves must expose this interface for us to consume it.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.

Statistics

Topic viewed 3196 times

Number of guests: 4, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!