EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Implement SCP file transfer protocol

Also by EldoS: RawDisk
Access locked and protected files in Windows, read and write disks and partitions and more.
Posted: 02/13/2014 07:08:19
by VoxPopuli Robot  (EldoS Corp.)

It would be really useful to implement SCP file transfer. I know that SFTP file transfer is already implemented in SecureBlackBox and that it is much more advanced than SCP, but SCP can be sometimes needed for 2 main reasons:

- SCP can be much faster than SFTP at transferring files, especially on high latency networks or with old SSH servers with no pipelining feature.

- SFTP can be disabled on SSH servers whereas SCP is always available.

If you like the idea, vote for it on https://www.eldos.com/sbb/wishlist.php
Posted: 04/04/2014 11:32:49
by Federico Simonetti (Standard support level)

Although I disagree on the second statement (SCP is not necessarily always available) I think this is an important feature to be added to SecureBlackbox, both client and server side.

We have used SecureBlackbox to develop a SFTP server, and since then we receive almost daily requests to implement SCP support in it. We have literally tens of requests for it stacked up in our mailbox.
Posted: 04/04/2014 11:40:37
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

SCP protocol is NOT related to SSH. This is a protocol which is usually run over SSH but this is a standalone program otherwise. You can implement it yourself easily if you need one.

I believe that your customers do need it, however the wishlist shows that the demand among our customers (those who will compensate development costs directly or indirectly) is very low. Thus it doesn't make commercial sense for us to invest time and resources into this protocol at the moment.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Statistics

Topic viewed 827 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!