EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Cloud Blackbox - Use Amazon S3 component to connect to another service

Also by EldoS: RawDisk
Access locked and protected files in Windows, read and write disks and partitions and more.
Posted: 02/05/2014 04:49:10
by ntr1 (Standard support level)

just want to know if it's possible to connect to non-Amazon, S3-compatible services using the Cloud Blackbox Amazon S3 component.

I cannot find where I can specify the URL of the service.

Please post a sample code on how to do that.

Thank you
Posted: 02/05/2014 04:55:50
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for getting in touch with us.

Could you please clarify what exactly you mean by 'S3-compatible services'?
Posted: 02/05/2014 04:58:34
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

No, this is not possible at the moment. Replacing of the URL would be simple, however each service has its own quirks, limitations and specifics that needs to be addressed. This means that generic component won't work for all services that use S3-like API.

Can you please specify what service are you looking to connect to?

You can add the idea to the wishlist ( https://www.eldos.com/sbb/wishlist.php ) and if people are interested, we will provide some universal component.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 02/07/2014 02:12:12
by ntr1 (Standard support level)

thank you for getting back to me so quickly.

There are several services that say they use S3 APIs/Protocol, like, for example, one of the italian bigger providers, Aruba: http://www.cloud.it/en/object-storage/object-storage-by-aruba.aspx

Do you think it's not possible to adapt the component to support also other S3 storage services ?

Thank you

Topic viewed 519 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!