EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Information about connection in SFTP and FTPS

Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.
Posted: 02/01/2014 10:46:14
by Stalin Vinces (Standard support level)

Hello

We are changing the component we've been using for SBB to SFTP and SFTP transfer and recieve files. The reason we're changing it is because the old component fails with unestable (low bandwidth and stuff) and sometimes the connection is closed by the component itself. Now, we've got problems with it because sometimes the files transfered arrives but truncated.

So my question is with Eldos there is a time between the component (SFTP or FTPS) detects a low bandwidth and the event when the transfer of the file is closed? Or if there is an article in your webpage for this?

I appreciate your answers.
Thank you
Posted: 02/01/2014 10:53:16
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

I am sorry but I don't understand the question. What is "detects a low bandwidth"?

As for the event - the transfer methods (Upload*, Download*) are synchronous. They either complete successfully (i.e. after the call to this method you know that the file has been transferred) or the exception is thrown (which you catch and handle as you need).

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 02/01/2014 11:20:27
by Stalin Vinces (Standard support level)

I meant, our application connects to different SFTP or FTPS Servers and there is one problematic SFTP Server from an external businnes which is used for transfer different files to different bussiness, including the business that has our application.

Because of this at some point of time i.e. end of month THAT business transfer about thousand of thousand files. And the old componnent detects that the transfer ratio is I don't know about 50Kb/s or less and there is a time when the transfer ratio is 0Kb/s because that server is too overloaded and apparently there is nothing we can do because that's the way they do their transfer. So the actual component close the connection because it "thinks" there is no connection but there is, just is because is too busy.

Well that is what the provider of the componnent and that business explained to us. So in a situation like this... how the Eldos componnent would response?
Posted: 02/01/2014 12:05:28
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

I don't know why that component closes connection - maybe this happens due to inactivity of the other party (i.e. nothing is transferred over the socket). In our components you can control inactivity time by setting various *Timeout properties. If you set them to large values (say 5 minutes), situation must improve.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Statistics

Topic viewed 1008 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!