EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Restrict access to SBSSHServer

Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.
Posted: 01/23/2014 10:03:39
by ITSG (Standard support level)

Hi all,

this is hopefully an easy task for you...no laughs please ;-)
We are using SBSSHServer for sFTP connections.
Using Putty, i can also access the filesystem of the server with "plain" SSH.

Is there a chance that i can restricted the SSH access just to sFTP or can i set a SSH Home Folder ? I just dont want all the user to have access to the whole server...

Any ideas ?

Posted: 01/23/2014 10:59:36
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

TElSSHServer (as well as TElSFTPServer) is quite low-level component with which your code handles file access tasks and determines how to translate the requested path to actual filesystem path. So you are free to modify the path translation and restrict access this way.

Now, if you need only SFTP server, you need to create only SFTP subsystem and not other subsystems (such as shell or command).

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 01/24/2014 02:08:18
by ITSG (Standard support level)

Thank You Eugene,

where Do i create the Subsystems ?
So when i look at the SSHServer Sample (C#) you supply, wich part should i check ?
ServerListener ? SSHSession ?

Posted: 01/24/2014 02:11:33
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

You should check SSHSession.cs and its SSHServer_OnOpenSubsystem, SSHServer_OnOpenShell, m_SSHServer_OnOpenCommand event handlers.
Posted: 01/24/2014 02:12:07
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

As for filesystem access - filenames are handled in event handlers of TElSFTPServer instances.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.

Topic viewed 395 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!