EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

TElCMSTimestamp Validate method

Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.
Posted: 01/20/2014 09:56:40
by Lukas Vyslouzil (Standard support level)

Hello,

I have a problem with timestamp validation. If I create an archival timestamp with TElCMSSignature.AddValidationTimestamp method (type TSBCMSTimestampType.cvtArchive2) and immediately call TElCMSTimestamp.Validate method, it returns true. That's OK but if the CMS message is closed and reopened again, it returns false. I use SecureBlackbox 10. My goal is to check the integrity of timestamps but now I can't trust this method. Do you have the same problem or am I doing something wrong?
Posted: 01/21/2014 00:54:35
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

Could you please post a sample code that demostrates your problem. Also you can post an output CMS to check. You may do this via Helpdesk if the CMS contains sensitive data.
Posted: 01/21/2014 06:30:53
by Lukas Vyslouzil (Standard support level)

Hello,

I have figured out that it works fine in SB 11. I think there was a problem with creating archived timestamp in SB 10. It was probably creating an invalid timestamp in some circumstances, but now it's OK.

Statistics

Topic viewed 416 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!