EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

sample for Client certificate with HTTPRequest in WP8

Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.
Posted: 01/16/2014 08:05:15
by venkatesh Srinivasan (Basic support level)

I saw in one of the stackoverflow link that HTTPBlackBox support client certificate in HTTP request for WP8. When I downloaded the evaluation version I did not see any code samples for WP8 can you please send the same to us. Basically as part of this sample I would like to upload a X509Certificate from the client side (which is stored in a PFX file) to the server similar to what we do in other .NET platforms

WebRequest.ClientCertificate = new X509Certificate (<<cert byte>);

Is this possible in WP8?

Thanks and regards
Posted: 01/16/2014 08:12:03
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

We have desktop samples that you can use as a reference. The code will be the same for WP8.

Certificate can be loaded from a file using TElX509Certificate.LoadFromFilePFX method. Then you should create an instance of TElMemoryCertStorage, add loaded certificate to the storage using TElMemoryCertStorage.Add method and assing this storage to TElHTTPSClient.ClientCertStorage property.
Posted: 01/16/2014 09:28:54
by venkatesh Srinivasan (Basic support level)

Hi Vsevolod,

Using ILDASM I examined you code. I see that the certificate is used only in case of oAuth and Websocket scenario. Does a simple HTTPS request possible with elevating to web sockets ?
Posted: 01/16/2014 09:39:06
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

GIGO principle suggests that doing non-sense leads to junk results.

All SSL-related components of SecureBlackbox fully support client-side certificates for authentication during TLS handshake.

Please do check our samples and use them and information Vsevolod has provided as a guide.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Topic viewed 1379 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!