EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

ASP Socket Connection

Also by EldoS: CallbackProcess
A component to control process creation and termination in Windows and .NET applications.
Posted: 04/03/2007 05:16:29
by Webby (Basic support level)

The 2 .vbs examples don't give socket information, so i started to write something as a test, using the help file besides it. This is what i have so far:

Code
   Response.Buffer = False
   Set Client = Server.CreateObject("SSLBBoxCli.ElSimpleSSLClientX")
   Client.Address = "192.168.1.11"
   Client.Port = "4100"
   Response.Write "1"
   Client.Open()
   Response.Write "2"

Somehow it seems to freeze after .Open() ... I tried all the properties from the help file, but nothing happends after the .Open() call. The page simply keeps on loading and even ignores the ASP Timeout?

netstat gives me this: TCP sander:4468 192.168.1.11:4100 ESTABLISHED
It stays there till i restart me IIS.

I totaly got no clue what to do now ...
Posted: 04/03/2007 13:33:31
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Webby wrote:
Somehow it seems to freeze after .Open()

First of all, you didn't handle OnCertificateValidate event, and this caused SSL connection to be closed. Of course, Open has thrown an exception and this is why you didn't get "2" in response. You need to check the certificate validity of the server and then allow or deny the session.

Next, you need to handle exceptions in some way. I am not an expert so I can't say how to do this correctly in ASP.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 04/04/2007 06:34:07
by Webby (Basic support level)

I tried:

Code
   On Error Resume Next
   Client.Open()
   Response.Write Err.Description

But unfortunatly it results in the same loading forever routine.

For the "you didn't handle OnCertificateValidate event", as far as i know i cannot handle events in asp.
Posted: 04/04/2007 08:53:26
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Just a guess -- please check that you are setting a valid license key in your script (using ElSBLicenseManagerX class and its SetLicenseKey method).
Posted: 04/04/2007 09:14:08
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Webby wrote:
For the "you didn't handle OnCertificateValidate event", as far as i know i cannot handle events in asp.

Unfortunately you are out of luck then - there's no way to live without events in SecureBlackbox.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.

Statistics

Topic viewed 2523 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!