EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

https post with wp8

Also by EldoS: CallbackProcess
A component to control process creation and termination in Windows and .NET applications.
Posted: 01/13/2014 13:56:13
by pekka karpio (Basic support level)

I'm trying to post xml:

HTTPSClient.PostAsync(tbURL.Text,"<data>zzz</data>" );

HTTPSClient.Post(tbURL.Text, SL, "", xfile.Path, stream, "", true);

The first one works the second not.
Posted: 01/14/2014 00:48:08
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Hello Pekka,

Thank you for contacting us.

Could you please provide us a bit more details about the issue, in particular:

1. What exactly do you mean by 'does not work'? Is any HTTP error code returned, exception thrown or error reported via the OnError event?

2. Is this correct that the second call you use Post and not PostAsync()?
Posted: 01/14/2014 02:44:30

1. Sorry, I mean file is just not posted, server don't get it. Don't see any error. In the upper version text is posted. Content is the same.

2. Tried both, this was latest try.
Posted: 01/14/2014 03:01:58
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

The second form that you have used is quite complicated and is intended to post contents of the HTML forms (we will probably rename it this way to avoid confusion). It is used when the server expects the file as a part of HTML form submission. Then you must match what you post to what the server expects. With HTTPPost sample we provide a server-side PHP script that lets you see what the server expects and how you post it.

Consequently you need to find out, what the server expects - if the server expects just a data stream, then you use one of those POST methods which accept a stream as a parameter, but not the web form.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 01/14/2014 06:58:48

The first one would be ok, for me, but can I give content type with it or any other (overloaded) method ?
Posted: 01/14/2014 08:07:36

ContentType as well as other request parameters can be set via TElHTTPSClient.RequestParameters property .

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 01/20/2014 13:26:42

Thanks, I've got some progress, but:
I try to use an https-address that has a certificate that "was not issued by a trusted certificate authority". If I try to open the page in browser, I get warning and if I accept, still nothing happens. I think this has something special to do with wp8 browser but how should I handle this ?
Posted: 01/20/2014 13:28:45

How is your question related to SecureBlackbox, i.e. where's SecureBlackbox in your operations? What should we help with? We don't provide support for WP8 browser (just in case :).

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 01/21/2014 00:51:17

Is it possible to handle certificate with blackbox so that also browser would understand it ?
Posted: 01/21/2014 00:57:33
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

It depends on what you mean by "handle". Using SecureBlackbox you can generate and manage X.509 standard compliant certificates, so any modern browser should "understand it".
Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.

Topic viewed 1491 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!