EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

How do you do an asynchronous download using TElSimpleFTPSClient in C#

Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.
Posted: 01/09/2014 12:38:04
by Michael Mankus (Standard support level)

You guys have a great example of using the FTP Client but I would like do perform an asynchronous download of a file where I can report progress. Therefore I need to know the total file size, received file size and be able to report it to the user.

Also, is there an example of how to pause or resume a download?

(I'm in a desktop environment)
Posted: 01/10/2014 02:00:17
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

I would like do perform an asynchronous download

Doyou mean .NET async mechanism? If yes then we have a sample for WinRT that you can use as a reference. Its located in \EldoS\SecureBlackbox.NET\Samples\C#\FTPSBlackbox\WindowsRT\Client\SimpleFTPS folder. The progress may be reported using TElSimpleFTPSClient.OnProgress event.

Also, is there an example of how to pause or resume a download?

We don't have such sample. The general idea is to use TElSimpleFTPSClient.OnProgress and its Cancel parameter to stop pending transfer and then use TElSimpleFTPSClient.DownloadFile/UploadFile methods and pass TSBFileTransferMode.ftmResume and correct RestartFrom value as their parameters.

Statistics

Topic viewed 591 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!