EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

SBSimpleSftp.EElSimpleSFTPClientError error code is 2

Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.
Posted: 12/30/2013 17:04:08
by Gavin Wun (Basic support level)

Hi,

Recently we have updated to .net framework 4.5.1 on our servers, and our ftp service is getting the following error when trying to connect to another FTP server -

at Common.FTP.SSHFTPClient.Login(String user, String password, String cmd1, String cmd2, Boolean doLogging)
at BusinessLogic.FTP.FtpFileFetcher.Login(IFTPClient iftpClient, DeliveryLocationConfig deliveryLocationConfig)

Extra Information

ErrorCode: 2
Data: System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal
TargetSite: Void Open()
HelpLink:
Source: SecureBlackbox.SFTP
HResult: -2146233088

It was running fine on .net 4.0

We are currently using SecureBlackbox.NET library v7.2.0.171

Anyone experienced this error before?

Cheers,
Gavin
Posted: 12/31/2013 01:11:51
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Hello Gavin,

Thank you for contacting us.

I suspect that the issue might be related to major under-the-hood rearrangements made by Microsoft in .NET 4.5.1. It looks like they didn't care much about transparent backward compatibility with older framework versions in this new revision of the framework.

Still, it makes sense to try other options before blaming the framework. Could you please run the following checks for us:

1. Do OnKeyValidate, OnAuthenticationStart and OnError events fire at all?

2. If OnError fires, could you please get its call stack for us?

3. Please configure the debugger to stop on native CLR exceptions (go to Debug -> Exceptions dialog in the Visual Studio IDE and tick the 'Thrown' checkbox for Common Language Runtime Exceptions item). Then run your project under the IDE and collect the details of exceptions thrown before the component errors out (types and call stacks would be OK on this stage).

If the framework changes are indeed the case, then what you might try to do is recompile your project against .NET 4.5.1 target explicitly and check if this helps (it may but may not as well). If it won't, I am afraid the only option is upgrading to SecureBlackbox 11, which includes out of the box support for .NET 4.5.1.

Ken
Posted: 12/31/2013 01:44:01
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

On a side note, if you have a license, please link the license ticket to your user account. The ticket itself and the procedure of its use are specified in the registration e-mail that was sent to you upon license purchase. If you don't have the license ticket, please contact the person from which you have obtained the license key (the one in your source code) for a license ticket.

NOTE: please don't post license keys and license tickets to the forum. If you need to clarify something about your license, please use HelpDesk ( http://www.eldos.com/helpdesk/ ).

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 01/05/2014 14:22:53
by Gavin Wun (Basic support level)

Hi Eugene,

Thanks for the details.

The error occurs when the event OnKeyValidate fires, right after we return validate = true in the event.

OnKeyValidate += (object sender, SBSSHKeyStorage.TElSSHKey serverKey, ref bool validate) =>
{
Console.WriteLine(this.ServerSoftwareName);
validate = true;
};

I will see what I can do to get around it while we look into updating to version 11.

I'll check if I can find more details regarding the license ticket as we haven't touched the license key for a while :)

Cheers,
Gavin

Statistics

Topic viewed 1671 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!