EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

TElSimpleFTPSServer capture file info when transfer is complete

Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages
Posted: 12/18/2013 09:40:37
by Sean Taylor (Priority Standard support level)

I need to capture the context of the connection and file transfer on each connection and retrieve the connection username and password as well as the file name that was uploaded.

I am using TElSimpleFTPSServer.

Is there a way to capture this information in the OnTransferCompleted method?
Posted: 12/19/2013 01:53:56
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

Its not possible via OnTransferCompleted method. Each connection is server by separate instance of TElFTPSServer that has needed events. You can access this object from TElSimpleFTPSServer.OnNewConnection event handler using next code:

TElFTPSServer s = Session.FTPSServer;

Then you can handle TElFTPSServer.OnUsernameReceived/OnFileStoreRequest events to capture information that you need.
Posted: 12/19/2013 13:28:11
by Sean Taylor (Priority Standard support level)

Vsevolod ,

The problem with using OnNewConnection is that I do not know when the file being uploaded is complete to act upon it. My task is to retrieve the file name and connection credentials of the connecting user and process the file once it has been uploaded. Is this possible with the OnNewConnection event handler?

Posted: 12/20/2013 01:30:41
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

The above mentioned method will do the job, but you should also use TElFTPSServer.OnTransferCompleted event.

Topic viewed 597 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!