EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Very slow SMTP.Close

Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages
Posted: 12/17/2013 13:36:00
by Eduardo Helminsky (Standard support level)

I have been using Mailbox successfully but in just one customer that complains about a slow down when sending e-mail. I had traced the process and narrow down the situation to a "simple" QUIT command sent by the client to the SMTP server and it takes a lot (around 30 seconds) to answer.

Checked in Google I have found it can be a problem with DNS reverse.

Is it true ? Is there another way to send QUIT without this problem ? SilentMode is not an option.

Thanks in advance.
Posted: 12/17/2013 13:40:37
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Most likely it's not QUIT command that is a problem but graceful TCP socket shutdown. It happens with some (a small fraction) of servers.

Silent = true is the only option in this case. Potentially you can send QUIT separately, then call Close(true) method.

Also check the latest builds of Secureblackbox - IIRC we added some kind of workaround there.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Statistics

Topic viewed 1219 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!