EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Mount a drive from a cloud storage

Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.
Posted: 12/10/2013 00:59:42
by pnina (Basic support level)

Is it possible to mount a drive that will contain the list from googleDrive/ Dropbox/ SkyDrive?

If it is possible, then how?

Posted: 12/10/2013 01:03:59
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

You can work with cloud storages like Google Drive/Dropbox/SkyDrive etc. using our CloudBlackbox package: https://www.eldos.com/sbb/desc-cloud.php

Remote data may be mounted as a local drive using our Callback File System product: https://www.eldos.com/cbfs/
Posted: 12/10/2013 01:12:32

Can I combine both? :)
mount the data from googleDrive etc as a local drive?
Posted: 12/10/2013 01:16:24
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Yes you can do this.
Posted: 12/10/2013 01:23:04
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Callback File System includes SFTPDisk sample which is the simplified version of our SFTP Net Drive product. You can use this sample as a guide. Please note that cloud storages don't have a filesystem - they are name/BLOBValue storages. Also the BLOB can be written only in whole (unlike the file in the filesystem). So depending on your task Solid File System OS edition in callback mode + CloudBlackbox can be a better choice.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 12/10/2013 07:07:45

Assuming I have the List of the dropbox content (TElDataStorageObjectList content)
And I know how to create a new storage in Solid OS and add a mounting point.
But how can I connect the list with the storage?
Posted: 12/11/2013 03:12:32
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

If you want to expose dropbox files, you will have to use CBFS rather than SolFS.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.

Topic viewed 1013 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!