EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Mount a drive from a cloud storage

Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.
Posted: 12/10/2013 00:59:42
by pnina (Basic support level)

Is it possible to mount a drive that will contain the list from googleDrive/ Dropbox/ SkyDrive?

If it is possible, then how?

Posted: 12/10/2013 01:03:59
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

You can work with cloud storages like Google Drive/Dropbox/SkyDrive etc. using our CloudBlackbox package: https://www.eldos.com/sbb/desc-cloud.php

Remote data may be mounted as a local drive using our Callback File System product: https://www.eldos.com/cbfs/
Posted: 12/10/2013 01:12:32

Can I combine both? :)
mount the data from googleDrive etc as a local drive?
Posted: 12/10/2013 01:16:24
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Yes you can do this.
Posted: 12/10/2013 01:23:04
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Callback File System includes SFTPDisk sample which is the simplified version of our SFTP Net Drive product. You can use this sample as a guide. Please note that cloud storages don't have a filesystem - they are name/BLOBValue storages. Also the BLOB can be written only in whole (unlike the file in the filesystem). So depending on your task Solid File System OS edition in callback mode + CloudBlackbox can be a better choice.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 12/10/2013 07:07:45

Assuming I have the List of the dropbox content (TElDataStorageObjectList content)
And I know how to create a new storage in Solid OS and add a mounting point.
But how can I connect the list with the storage?
Posted: 12/11/2013 03:12:32
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

If you want to expose dropbox files, you will have to use CBFS rather than SolFS.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.

Topic viewed 1019 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!