EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Comparing signed and unsigned PDFs

Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.
Posted: 12/06/2013 04:11:41
by Stephane Grobety (Priority Standard support level)

Hello,

I have a need to verify is two PDF documents are actually the same document but one with a digital signature.

How could I go about doing that with PDFBlackBox (in Delphi 6).

Subsidiary question: if the same document is signed twice, each time by a different person and independently, resulting in two different files, is there a way to merge these two signatures into the same PDF file ?

Thank you
Posted: 12/06/2013 04:17:50
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

I have a need to verify is two PDF documents are actually the same document but one with a digital signature.

How could I go about doing that with PDFBlackBox (in Delphi 6).

You can extract the original document using TElPDFDocument.Signatures[N].GetSignedVersion method and compare it to the unsigned version. They should be equal for the same documents.

Subsidiary question: if the same document is signed twice, each time by a different person and independently, resulting in two different files, is there a way to merge these two signatures into the same PDF file ?

There is no way to merge two signed files.

Statistics

Topic viewed 299 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!