EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

How to create a utf-8 encoded TElXMLDOMDocument object

Also by EldoS: RawDisk
Access locked and protected files in Windows, read and write disks and partitions and more.
Posted: 12/05/2013 02:00:30
by Jacob jvandiermen (Standard support level)

Hello Eldos,

I've one more question about TElXMLDOMDocument.
When you load an utf-8 encoded xml file in a TElXMLDOMDocument object the encoding is standard UTF-16. You get <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>. How can I change this to <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>. I tried to load the utf-8 encoded xml file with LoadFromStream(memoryStream,'utf-8', true). I also tried ElXMLDOMDocument.Enc:= TElXMLUTF8Codec.Create;

Posted: 12/05/2013 02:03:40
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

XML DOM works with UTF-16 encoding internally. You can save the DOM to UTF-8 though. Why would you need UTF-8 DOM in memory?

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 12/05/2013 03:04:15

Hello Eugene,

I created a TElXMLDOMDocument object that I use for a xml signature.
The encoding for the signature must must be UTF-8 and not UTF-16 when I save the object to disk.
I noticed that the object is always encoded with UTF-16 when I create it.
I tried several things in order to create a UTF 8 encoded TElXMLDOMDocument object.
I don't need an UTF-8 Dom in memmory.
I just loaded an UTF-8 encoded xml file into the TElXMLDOMDocument object with e memoryStream to see if the object converts the UTF-8 xml into UTF-16.
How can I save the object as a UTF encoded xml file?

Posted: 12/05/2013 03:07:55
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

TElXMLDOMDocument.SaveToStream allows to set encoding. Please refer to the documentation for details: https://www.eldos.com/documentation/sb...tream.html
Posted: 12/05/2013 04:27:51

Hello Vsevolod,

Thank for the info.
Managed to wirte the object with UTF-8 encoding to disk.

Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.

Topic viewed 883 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!