EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

How can I detect endless loop in crl file

Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.
Posted: 12/04/2013 07:39:53
by Paolo Righi (Standard support level)

Hi all,

I'm facing an endless loop trying to load the CRL at this address:

I've saved the CRL file, you can download from the following link, if you want to test it:

If you open it with cryptext.dll you can see correctly the contained data, but TElCertificateRevocationList.LoadFromStream never terminates parsing data.

I'm still using version 7.2. Has this been solved in subsequent releases or can you send me a workaround/change instructions to correct it in my current version?

Thank you and Best regards.

Paolo Righi.
C.H. Ostfeld s.a.s.
Posted: 12/04/2013 07:44:21
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

As we don't fix errors in old versions, you should better download the latest build from our site and check it: https://www.eldos.com/sbb/download-release.php#product. If it works then you should upgrade in order to solve the problem.
Posted: 12/04/2013 07:50:12

I'm sorry, I should correct my post. Actually the LoadFromStream function returns an SB_CRL_ERROR_INVALID_FORMAT code.
I confused the behaviour of a utility "ASN.1 Editor" which really enters an endless loop.

Paolo Righi.
Posted: 12/04/2013 07:57:55
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

I've just checked that your CRL load successfully with the latest SecureBlackbox verson.
Posted: 12/04/2013 08:18:55

well, the last version correctly reads the file.
Thank you for your assistance. I will request an update.

Paolo Righi.
Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.

Topic viewed 1204 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!