EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

HPPTS connection problem with FreePascal

Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages
Posted: 11/29/2013 09:45:30
by Birger Jansen (Standard support level)

I have a problem with my https client/server application. For the client I have a Windows and Linux version (using FPC). They worked in perfect harmony until I had to change the server SSL certificate. Somehow the Windows client works perfect but the Linux client fails with an SSL error 75789 on the server.

After stepping through the code it seems that the problem starts in SBSSLServer.pas in TElSSLServer.TLS1ParseClientKeyExchange and more precise on line 6417:

if (FormattedPreMasterSecret[0] <> FSSLVersion.Major) or FormattedPreMasterSecret[1] <> FSSLVersion.Minor) then

When the Windows client makes a connection to the server the value for FormattedPreMasterSecret[0]/[1] is 3/1 (which is OK because FSSLVersion.Major/Minor is 3/1. When the Linux client makes the connection the values for FormattedPreMasterSecret[0]/[1] are 3/3 and this fails.

What can cause this difference? Except for some unrelated ifdefs the windows and Linux client are the same.
Posted: 11/29/2013 12:05:18
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Hello Birger,

Please re-check that you use the latest SecureBlackbox version on both Windows and Linux platforms. The client-side SSL components indeed were subject to this version issue, yet it has been fixed back in June.
Posted: 12/02/2013 01:58:49
by Birger Jansen (Standard support level)

Hi Ken,

The update from 11.0.241 to 11.0.242 seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks!
Posted: 12/02/2013 09:12:16
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Great, thank you for letting us know. Please feel free to contact us should you need any further assistance.

Topic viewed 645 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!