EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Using SecureBlackbox.NET in a PLC

Also by EldoS: RawDisk
Access locked and protected files in Windows, read and write disks and partitions and more.
Posted: 11/28/2013 08:44:42
by Kreissl Hogler (Priority Standard support level)

Hello,

i am Working on a Windows Phone / Windows 8 project and I was wondering how I should use the delivered libraries in a portable class library (WP8, Windows RT).

There is no portable-net45+sl5+wp8+win8 dll included, but

* NET_45_Win32
* NET_45_WinRT
* NET_45_WinStore
* WP75

Which one can be used, to share code that is using SecureBlackbox between windows phone and Windows RT?

Currently i am using WP75 libs only. I can use them in a portable that is used by WP8. But the unit tests using the portable will fail because of missing dependencies (System.Net, Version=2.0.5.0). And referencing the portable in a Win RT would fail as well.

Any suggestions?

Best Regards,

Holger
Posted: 11/28/2013 08:48:54
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

Portable class library feature is not supported at the moment. You should use separate assemblies sets for WP8 and WinRT.
Posted: 11/28/2013 08:49:20
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

There exist many differences between WinRT, WinStore, WP75 and WP8 assemblies, so there can be no single "PLC" set of assemblies.

Also you need to note that standard Vendor license doesn't allow creation of libraries which are then distributed to other developers. You may create a library which will be used as a part of your application, though.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 11/28/2013 08:59:38
by Kreissl Hogler (Priority Standard support level)

Well in your case that might be true, but subsets of libraries compiled for wp and/or RT are possible, depending on the used framework elements.

Thanks for your answers. Helped me to save time.

Regards
Holger
Posted: 11/28/2013 09:01:59
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

In our case we have unexplainable slowdown in some cases when WP75 assemblies are used on WP8 (just one example). So a single set of assemblies is possible to compile but not to make it work correctly later.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: RawDisk
Access locked and protected files in Windows, read and write disks and partitions and more.

Statistics

Topic viewed 396 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!