EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

[D7] Unit SBClient was compiled with a different version of SBUtils.TS

Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.
Posted: 11/26/2013 10:36:34
by Michal O. (Basic support level)

Hello,

Our company bought SecureBlackbox in 2007. We haven't used those components for a while, but recently we got task to integrate with service that provides methods with REST let's say "protocol", our old (Delphi 7) application. The service mentioned above, is secured with X509Certificate. We would like to use Yours components, i found install files in our "archive", but with compilation i have message like above (subject).

I tried all found in net solutions (including full uninstall, "disk clean" with *BBox*.bpl, SB*.dcu search (Ken Ivanov advice) and new instalation), but still i have got the same situation. Perphaps there was sth wrong with version that we obtained (problem concerns only with "client" components...).

Anyway, any help will be more than welcome.
Looking forward to hearing from You.

Michael
Posted: 11/26/2013 10:44:17
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Most likely you've mixed different versions once and now there exist some artefacts on your disk. For example Delphi creates a copy (temporary) files in User profile directory. Also in 95% of cases of "I deleted everything" there's still a copy of files hiding somewhere. If the compiler says that SBClient is older, then it finds newer version of SBUtils. Files from the same archive can not have different date/time, so there does exist a second copy.

On a side note, if you have a license, please link the license ticket to your user account. The ticket itself and the procedure of its use are specified in the registration e-mail that was sent to you upon license purchase. If you don't have the license ticket, please contact the person from which you have obtained the license key (the one in your source code) for a license ticket.

NOTE: please don't post license keys and license tickets to the forum. If you need to clarify something about your license, please use HelpDesk ( https://www.eldos.com/helpdesk/ ).

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 11/26/2013 10:49:46

I found file with: "SetLicenseKey" procedure let's parameter. How can i link this "parameter" with my account?
Posted: 11/26/2013 10:50:53

License key is NOT a license ticket. Please refer to the registration e-mail for the license ticket.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 11/26/2013 11:21:32

Excuse me Eugene, please be patient with explanation me those "things".
"Registration e-mail", you mean:
a) email sent about 6years ego to someone in my company who probably doesn't work here anymore? (i.e. it is impossible to find it...),
b) email, that i have recived about one hour ago, that confirms my registration on forum.

I'm afraid that your answer will be "a". So my another question, do you have any ledger of yours customers?

Sincerely,
Michael
Posted: 11/26/2013 11:23:03

License-related questions moved to helpdesk.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.

Statistics

Topic viewed 1338 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!