EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Installing a PKCS#8 Key into a certificate

Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages
Posted: 05/11/2006 15:04:26
by Elric Pedder (Standard support level)

I have a certificate and key that I would like to install but I don't know what the correct procedure is. The certificate looks like a regular PEM one that seems to load without problems. However the key, also PEM, has the lines

Proc-Type: 4,ENCRYPTED
DEK-Info: DES-EDE3-CBC,12464A8CFEF857E8

preceding the Base64 data. I think this is a PKCS#8 format and so I tried to use TElPKCS8PrivateKey to load it but just receive the "Invalid Format" result. The provider of the certificate says it was generated by OpenSSL and signed by GeoTrust so it can't be too unusual.

Is this type of key supported? And if so, how does one load it into a certificate?

Many thanks,
Elric

(PS: love the new forum)
Posted: 05/11/2006 15:15:24
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Is this type of key supported? And if so, how does one load it into a certificate?

Your key is also stored in PEM format. These two header lines specify that the key is encrypted with password. You can load the key into a certificate instance using ElX509Certificate.LoadKeyFrom(Stream|Buffer)PEM method.
Posted: 05/11/2006 16:05:38
by Elric Pedder (Standard support level)

Thanks! Another amazingly obvious and simple answer.

Statistics

Topic viewed 3944 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!