EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Make sure changed cards read correctly

Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages
Posted: 11/21/2013 02:59:05
by Rickard Hultgren (Standard support level)

How do I ensure that the contents of a new card in the card reader is updated correctly? I use both <TElPKCS11CertStorage>.RefreshCertificateContexts and <TElPKCS11CertStorage>.Module.Slot[<index>].Refresh, but I still get contents from the previous card in e g <TElX509Certificate>.SubjectRDN.

Posted: 11/21/2013 03:09:10
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

Please try to add pcsoAutoRefreshSlotInfo to TElPKCS11CertStorage.PKCS11Options and check if it solves the problem.
Posted: 11/21/2013 03:19:51

Sorry, no... Using that option-set I see that it is where I am also setting pcsoNoSessionLevelNotifications - a long shot, but could that be something affecting?
Posted: 11/21/2013 06:51:16
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Hello Anders,

There is no way to, literally, 'update' the contents of the card. Whenever you switch a card in the card reader, it should be viewed as a sequence of two independent actions:

1. Old card removed. The session and all the related objects become invalid.

2. New card inserted. New session should be opened to access the card.

To deal with this, you should subscribe to OnSlotEvent event. Once you catch the event, please call the provided slot object's Refresh() method to obtain the updated token information. Then open the new session and log into it as usual.
Posted: 11/25/2013 03:51:22

Thanks, problem solved. I had a hidden exception that made a jump over the step "set session variable to nil", so the old session was still around. My bad!

Also by EldoS: RawDisk
Access locked and protected files in Windows, read and write disks and partitions and more.

Topic viewed 754 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!