EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

SFTP using ActiveX & VBScript

Also by EldoS: CallbackProcess
A component to control process creation and termination in Windows and .NET applications.
Posted: 03/22/2007 21:15:49
by Damon Johnstone (Basic support level)

This is probably a stupid one, but I'll ask anyway. I have a vbscript to download a file, remove it from the SFTP server, pass through some processing, and then upload it. The UploadFiles and DownloadFiles methods work fine, however when I use the RemoveFile after downloading, it wont work. It doesn't generate an OnError, but it doesn't remove the file either. Permissions are fine because I can remove the file using a manual FTP client. Any help would be great.
Posted: 03/22/2007 23:38:29
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

Your problem is a kind of strange. Would you be so kind to check if RemoveFile() works without prior DownloadFile(s) call? I.e. just try to remove a file without downloading it and check if it is removed successfully.
Posted: 03/23/2007 05:29:14
by Damon Johnstone (Basic support level)

Thanks for your reply. When tweaking the code to try your suggestion, I discovered my problem. I had On Error Resume enabled around the RemoveFile() method, except I'd mis-spelt the objects variable name.

Sorry to have wasted your time.

Topic viewed 1754 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!