EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

TLS and Visual Studio 2008

Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.
Posted: 11/05/2013 07:06:02
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Yes I didn't notice that.

75782 error code stands for ERROR_SSL_HANDSHAKE_FAILURE. Could you put a breakpoint inside ServerThread.cs:DoError method a post here its call stack.

The problem is that the sample works locally without any problems and the stack may give us a hint whats wrong.
Posted: 11/05/2013 08:33:20
by Simon Johnson (Basic support level)

That error code is listed on this page https://www.eldos.com/documentation/sbb/documentation/ref_err_sslerrorcodes.html as a handshake error. I seem to think the problem we may be having is due to the certificate generated with the certificate generation tool. I used that to create a certificate and when I attempted to use the Mozilla Firefox browser (after enabling TLS 1.2!) I managed to get a file from the server, through a browser, after ignoring Firefoxs warnings about an untrustworthy certificate.

Installing the certificate onto the other machine did not allow Internet Explorer to connect to the server demo although once I did get an error message of 75784 (BAD_CERTIFICATE). Could the certificate generated through your example solution also be faulty?
Posted: 11/05/2013 08:49:38
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

I seem to think the problem we may be having is due to the certificate generated with the certificate generation tool.

Thats why its better to test samples with our sample certificates from \EldoS\SecureBlackbox.NET\Extra\Certificates folder.

I used that to create a certificate and when I attempted to use the Mozilla Firefox browser (after enabling TLS 1.2!) I managed to get a file from the server, through a browser, after ignoring Firefoxs warnings about an untrustworthy certificate.

So Firefox works while IE doesn't?

Installing the certificate onto the other machine did not allow Internet Explorer to connect to the server demo although once I did get an error message of 75784 (BAD_CERTIFICATE).

Where do you install it? Do you use it as a server side certificate in the sample? Where did you get 75784? On the server or on the client?
Posted: 11/05/2013 09:32:01
by Simon Johnson (Basic support level)

Switching to one of the example certificates seemed to instantly fixed the issue. Is the certificate generation tool broken or is it limited by the trial license?
Posted: 11/05/2013 09:56:07
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

It's quite easy to create a "wrong" certificate so most likely the problem lays there. Certificate generation code is not broken or limited, that's for sure.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.

Statistics

Topic viewed 2479 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!