EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

PAdES distributed

Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.
Posted: 11/04/2013 01:56:31
by Petr Kykal (Standard support level)

Hello,

I am trying to adapt your ASPNet_Distributed example under .NET PDFBlackbox to use TElPDFAdvancedPublicKeySecurityHandler to have the signature according to PAdES specification.

But when I call doc.InitiateAsyncOperation(); in presign operation, exception raises with "Additional information: No signing certificate"

When I try to create TElPDFAdvancedPublicKeySecurityHandler only in the response state, EElCMSError raises with "Bad asynchronous state" message.

Could you please provide me with required changes in your example in order to PAdES signature to work?
Posted: 11/04/2013 02:27:48
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

But when I call doc.InitiateAsyncOperation(); in presign operation, exception raises with "Additional information: No signing certificate"

The exception is thrown when TElPDFAdvancedPublicKeySecurityHandler.CertStorage is not assigned or contains 0 certificates. Please refer to the sample located in \EldoS\SecureBlackbox.NET\Samples\C#\PDFBlackbox\Desktop\PAdES folder. It demonstrates how to use TElPDFAdvancedPublicKeySecurityHandler.
Posted: 11/04/2013 02:47:04
by Petr Kykal (Standard support level)

TElPDFAdvancedPublicKeySecurityHandler.CertStorage is not assigned

But I have no access to client user storage from server. That is why I need to use distributed cryptography addon.
Posted: 11/04/2013 04:35:47
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Hello Petr,

You do need to provide a public copy of the signer's certificate on the pre-signing stage, as it is involved in document hash calculation process (note that you don't have to provide the private key). This is strictly a PAdES requirement; there is no need for the generic PDF signature pre-signer to have access to the signer's certificate.

Statistics

Topic viewed 789 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!