EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

HTTPS Server events don't seem to be raised

Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.
Posted: 11/01/2013 07:15:59
by Jamie Taylor (Basic support level)

Vsevolod Ievgiienko wrote:
I've already double-checked locally that the sample works correctly.

Lets try to:

1) Check if there is index.html or any other file in the "Base path" to be returned to a client.
2) Use our sample certificate named cert.pfx (password: "password") that is located in \EldoS\SecureBlackbox.NET\Extra\Certificates folder.
3) Change port number. Its possible that you are facing a conflict with some other software.

I followed your advice. The chosen port number was 6767 and still neither myself nor my colleague get a response from the server application.
Posted: 11/01/2013 07:29:14
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

I followed your advice. The chosen port number was 6767 and still neither myself nor my colleague get a response from the server application.

In this case I'm almost certain that your local Windows Firewall blocks incoming connections. Could you try to turn it off.
Posted: 11/04/2013 04:11:29

In this case I'm almost certain that your local Windows Firewall blocks incoming connections. Could you try to turn it off.

I disabled the Windows firewall on my local machine (and a separate remote machine that I was testing with) on Friday afternoon and have tested several times over the weekend. But the event handlers are still not firing, thus the browsers and client applications I have tried do not receive responses.
Posted: 11/04/2013 04:31:04

The problem is definitely network related. Its possible that the reason is not in firewall but in some other software like antivirus that blocks incomming connections.

During working on your request I've tested the sample in different configurations: on localhost, via local network etc. and it works correctly in all cases.

One more idea: do you use the latest version of SecureBlackbox? If not then try to upgrade.
Posted: 11/05/2013 02:51:57

If it is related to the network, then why do the samples applications work?

I might re-implement the class that I wrote as a wrapper for the sample code (I haven't changed the sample code in anyway).

According to the changelog, I am running the following version

October 6, 2013
Version 11.0.240. Official Release
Posted: 11/05/2013 02:57:39

The GUI for ElDos HTTP(S) Demo returns "Error [code]" when my colleague connects (via a browser). When I attempt to connect (again, via a browser), I receive no response from the server app. The app displays "Connection Closed [1]" in this instance.

According to your message the sample also doesn't work, isn't it?
Posted: 11/05/2013 03:01:00

Yes. Sorry about that. I've been so wrapped up in getting my code working that I forgot about that.
Posted: 11/05/2013 03:06:33

I recommend you to try to make the sample without any changes work. Try to execute it without any firewalls, antiviruses etc. When we'll manage to make it work then you'll be able to move to your own implementation.
Posted: 11/05/2013 03:12:13

I recommend you to try to make the sample without any changes work. Try to execute it without any firewalls, antiviruses etc. When we'll manage to make it work then you'll be able to move to your own implementation.

I've got a colleague installing on a machine without anti-virus and firewalls now.
Posted: 11/05/2013 04:07:24

my colleague has just asked this question:

Is this related to the fact that we are running Visual Studio 2008? Because it looks as though server thread is a wrapper for the .NET TCP Client class. If this is so, then our TLS 1.2 certificate will not work.
Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.

Statistics

Topic viewed 3357 times

Number of guests: 2, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!