EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

SSH Dynamic Port Forwarding

Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.
Posted: 03/19/2007 14:23:15
by Tom  (Basic support level)

Hello!

Is it possible to use Dynamic SOCKS port forwarding with vb6?

At the moment i use only local port forwarding, it works great.

In documentation i cannot find any description how can i use SOCKS forwarding with vb6.

I hope it give many people where can help me.

Thanx
Posted: 03/19/2007 14:57:12
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Please explain in more details what you mean by dynamic socks port forwarding

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 03/19/2007 15:07:05

i must forward ftp service and the data connection ports are random ports, so i cannot forward special ports.
Before i found SSHBlackbox i used plink.exe this application can simulate a local proxy server and forward all neseccarry ports with one tunnel connection.
Sorry for my bad english :)
Posted: 03/19/2007 15:34:36
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

As I understand, you would need to analyze FTP traffic in order to find out, what port the application opens for the data channel. Then use remote port forwarding to open the data connection on the remote side. Also, you would need to modify the sent request to tell the FTP server, that it should connect to your SSH server instead of the real application. Not a trivial task, I would say ...

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 03/19/2007 17:53:54

For the next time i have found another solution for my problem. I have installed an SOCKS FTP proxy and must forward only one port, thats ok.

Thank´s for your quick help!
Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.

Statistics

Topic viewed 2342 times

none

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!