EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

How to apply a password to the certificate?

Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.
Posted: 10/16/2013 02:21:06
by Igor Israeli (Basic support level)

Dear sir/madam,

We use Eldos sign option to sign documents in the application. Recently we get a certificate from our client and also a password for this certificate.

I am wondering how to apply the password to the certificate? If I do not do it I get this error: "Signing failed (error 8219 )" in this code line: "Document.Close(Success);".

Thank you in advance,
Posted: 10/16/2013 02:26:22
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

TElX509Certificate and its various LoadFrom* methods accept Password parameter. Depending on your certificate type you should choose appropriate method and pass the password as its parameter.
Posted: 10/16/2013 03:22:34

Vsevolod, thank you for your response.

I am trying to understand (certificates - never worked with them before) how to do it.

I have a code:
Cert = SystemStore.get_Certificates(certificateIndex);
and I understand that "Cert" it's actually the certificate.
1) How do I know what is the type of it?
2) What is " Buffer should contain certificate" (first parameter in the method LoadFrom...)?

Thank you,
Posted: 10/16/2013 03:59:39

"Signing failed (error 8219 )"

This error is reported, when operation with RSA key has failed for some reason.

My suggestion is related to certificates stored in files but not for those that are stored in Windows stores. Do I understand right that SystemStore is and instance of TElWinCertStorage? If yes then you don't need to use a password. Please open certmgr.msc utility, find your certificate and check if it contains a private key. You should also check that SystemStore.get_Certificates(certificateIndex) returned exactly the same certificate as you need.
Posted: 10/16/2013 04:22:05

I do not see "Private key" for this certificate :(

Posted: 10/16/2013 04:26:25

The key presence is displayed on General page under validity dates.
Posted: 10/16/2013 05:51:31

Vsevolod, I see that there is a private key for this certificate.

What else I can check?

Posted: 10/16/2013 05:56:06

You should take our sample that is located in \EldoS\SecureBlackbox.NET\Samples\C#\PDFBlackbox\Signer folder and try to sign the file with it. Its possible that the problem is in your code.
Posted: 10/16/2013 06:23:32

Thank you, Vsevolod. I'll try it.
Posted: 10/18/2013 12:33:02
by emmaus manuel (Basic support level)

Hello sir/madam

My problem(if it is one) is to know who to turn for a security certificate for SecureBlackBox for an application of an enterprise; and which information they need and what they gives me. All answer is appreciate.

Thank you in advance,

Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.

Topic viewed 2201 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!