EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Changes coming with Windows 8.1

Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.
Posted: 09/30/2013 10:10:22
by David Eršil (Standard support level)

Hello,

will the Windows RT edition of SBB account the new functions of upcoming Windows 8.1? I am especially interested in working with new Windows CertificateStore class, i.e. enumerating certificates in system stores and using them for signing (without me having to enumerate them myself using Windows API and then getting their blobs and keys and creating TElX509Certificate instances on my own).

If so, in which version do you expect this to happen?
Thank you.
Posted: 09/30/2013 10:17:22
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

We will see what we can do in regards to this, but the changes will go to version 12.

Can you please elaborate on how you access CryptoAPI in WinStore application?

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 09/30/2013 10:31:38

Thank you for your quick response, Eugene.
At the moment we do not use MS Crypto API, because it is of no use for our needs. All actions we need to perform with certificates are done using SBB (and we use our own private keystore, so the impossibility to access system store is sort of limiting us).

But today I came across this sample - working with new 8.1 namespaces and functions:

http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowsapps/Cryptography-and-3305467b/sourcecode?fileId=86619&pathId=2044537920

According to this sample it should be possible to enumerate CertStores and their certificates, as well as obtain the keypair and sign data. But one will have to handle the "conversion" between MS cert and SBB cert by self, so this was the motivation for my former question. I haven't try this yet, I have just done some minor research and it seems to me it could be possible.

Regards,
David Eršil
Posted: 05/15/2014 06:59:16

Hello,

I would just like to ask if there has been any progress in the topic with the newly released SBB 12. I have tried to find out by my own, but it seems that there's nothing new that could be able to work with certificates in system certstore directly (but I might be wrong).

Regards,
David
Posted: 05/15/2014 07:36:58
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Frankly speaking, we didn't do anything in this direction because the future of Windows RT is not clear at all and investing time in it would be probably not very effective.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.

Statistics

Topic viewed 1180 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!