EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

AS2 Receipt read warnings

Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages
Posted: 09/20/2013 14:01:53
by Katit (Basic support level)

Again, working on AS2 and trying to read/validate receipt according to specs.

This particular command(see attached file - renamed to jpg from as2r) returns FALSE
bool result = as2Receipt.Load(textLoadReceiptFile.Text);

Doesn't matter if I set certificate or not it always returns false but NO errors so I can't tell what is wrong with it.

[ Download ]
Posted: 09/22/2013 06:08:57
by Alexander Ionov (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for the question.

Please use the OnError event to get an idea what happened. It could be not an error, but only a warning.
If a critical issue occured, i.e. a receipt could not be decoded and/or parsed, in this case an exception is thrown. All other issues should be processed in the OnError event handler. The Load method returns false if at least one issue occured, and true if a receipt was processed without a problem.

--
Best regards,
Alexander Ionov
Posted: 09/24/2013 08:29:57

Thank you for your response. I did as you say and found there is a warning:

Code 8194 - Failed t verify signatures.

What does it mean? From my perspective everything is correct. Partner (your sample receiver project) used it's private key to sign receipt. Sender (my code) used public key. And I get this warning. Any suggestions on why this might happen?
Posted: 09/24/2013 08:39:28

Verification error codes are available here: https://www.eldos.com/documentation/sb...codes.html
The verification procedure has failed to find an appropriate certificate.

--
Best regards,
Alexander Ionov
Posted: 09/24/2013 08:45:59

Very strange. I'm pretty sure this is correct certificate as I use only 2 for testing and I tried adding both of them. I will re-check again.

What will you need to reproduce this issue if I won't be able to figure out?
Posted: 09/24/2013 08:58:21

Did you set voUseLocalCerts in TElAS2Receipt.Signature.VerificationOptions? If not, the component will not use the certificate storage assigned to TElAS2Receipt.Signature.CertStorage property.

--
Best regards,
Alexander Ionov
Posted: 09/24/2013 09:12:39

Of course this was a problem.. Thanks a lot!

Just a suggestion for future users. Maybe add something like "Not using local storage" to error message? This would help.
Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.

Statistics

Topic viewed 557 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!