EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

VCL Blackbox PDF signing performance issue

Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.
Posted: 09/17/2013 03:15:02
by Rok Zevnik (Standard support level)

Dear Mr. Support,

We are using your SecureBlackbox 10 VCL, PDFBlackbox package for signing PDFs. If I understand correctly, the registered version should outperform the TinySigner_BDS2005 demo for at least 1.5 seconds.

Currently, the demo version takes between 5 and 10 seconds per PDF and our registered application takes about the same time (between 5 and 10 seconds).

If I compare this to open source JSignPDF, which signs the document (with visible timestamp) in about 1 second, I find current performance unaccepted.

What are we doing wrong?
Posted: 09/17/2013 03:20:54
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

Please make sure that you call SetLicenseKey function only once in the whole project and pass a valid license key as its parameter. If this is already true then please post the sample document you are trying to sign along with the source code used to do this via Helpdesk.

Topic viewed 572 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!