EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Problems signing XML files

Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.
Posted: 09/13/2013 08:01:14
by Eduardo Helminsky (Standard support level)

I am replacing my application that used to sign XML using a dotnet DLL to Eldos components and I am with a problem with one of my customers.

They have two certificates installed in their machine. They both are valid and are working with dotnet DLL solution.

When I use Eldos solution I am receiving "Signing failed: Failed to acquire key context".

In my routine to show valid certificates it only shows one of them because I have a valitation for not show expirated certificates neither certificates with the property CanSign false and with the property PrivateKeyExists false. As I know, when CanSign is True, the property PrivateKeyExists is too true.

Now I donĀ“t know the situation of both certificates (Cansign, PrivateKeyExists). What can I do to solve this problem ?
Posted: 09/13/2013 09:20:32
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Hello Eduardo,

First of all please ensure that your customer does not enable any 'compatibility mode' for your application. If they don't, some further research might be needed.

The value returned by the CanSign property is based on the algorithm of the key carried by the certificate. As the majority of modern certificates carry RSA keys, this property will normally be set to true.

Statistics

Topic viewed 392 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!