EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Acces violation SimpleSftpDemo project

Also by EldoS: CallbackProcess
A component to control process creation and termination in Windows and .NET applications.
Posted: 09/09/2013 04:40:39
by Jacob jvandiermen (Standard support level)

Hello Eldos,

I Installed SecureBlackbox - version 10.0.233 - Released February 28, 2013 demo version.
I want to evaluate the SSHSFTPServerDemo project. I use Delphi 2010 to run the project.
When i start the apllication I add an user with password authentication. After that I want to start the server on port 22. Then I get an access voilation. I included a jpg file with the acces violation.
Why is there a access violation?

Posted: 09/09/2013 05:01:04
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

I've just checked that the sample works correctly. Please ensure that correct SecureBlackbox units are referenced by the project. You may also want to evaluate the latest 11 version (https://www.eldos.com/sbb/download-pre...p#product) and check if the save problem occurs with it.
Posted: 09/09/2013 05:19:09
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

The sample was not designed to be flawless and it doesn't make many checks required in real life. It's possible that unexpected sequence of steps crashes it.

Please try to start the server again and write down the sequence of steps you take in as much details as possible. For example, do you set the server key? Missing it can cause some unexpected surprises (just a guess!).

Also I must add that you are the first person to report this issue (and there are many users starting the sample) so it's not something known to us. If you manage to reproduce the issue in a stable manner, please send us the steps you take, version of Delphi/C++Builder used and anything else you might find relevant.

Maybe it's a better idea to report issues of this kind to HelpDesk.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Topic viewed 570 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!