EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Add NuGet Packages to SecureBlackbox .Net

Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.
Posted: 09/09/2013 00:04:53
by VoxPopuli Robot  (EldoS Corp.)

It would be extremely useful to have NuGet packages for the SecureBlackbox .Net assemblies. We use Continuous Integration builds for all of our software projects and use an internal NuGet server (ProGet http://inedo.com/proget/overview) to host third-party and internally developed packages. NuGet packages eliminate the need to commit packages to source control.

Currently I am using a set of home-grown NuGet packages for SecureBlackBox that I created using a custom Gradle build script. The script automatically detects the target frameworks installed and adjusts the nuspec files accordingly. This approach meets my immediate requirements, but will require ongoing maintenance as new versions of SBB are released.

Ideally, EldoS can provide either a set of nuspec files or a separate download containing a finished set of NuGet packages. I would be happy to contribute our current nuspec files if that would help the process along.

If you like the idea, vote for it on https://www.eldos.com/sbb/wishlist.php#product
Posted: 10/09/2013 05:37:52
by John Anderson (Priority Standard support level)

I vote for that as we also use NuGet
Posted: 08/17/2014 05:37:44

Idea status has been changed to Planned
Posted: 08/17/2014 09:48:02

Idea status has been changed to In progress
Posted: 08/20/2014 08:12:51

Idea status has been changed to Complete with the following comment:

Posted: 01/08/2015 16:09:39
by Paul Pidoprygora (Standard support level)

The only available version via Nuget is 12.0.263 (while Eldos site offers 12.0.264 for a few days now). I definitely had 12.0.262 from Nuget before, but I don't see it here any more https://www.nuget.org/packages/SecureBlackbox. Something strange is going on with Nuget here. Could you please look into it? Thanks!

Update: Sorry, didn't realize older packages were unlisted by Eldos and 264 is not marked as stable.
Posted: 01/08/2015 23:53:22
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

As we usually offer only the latest builds, older builds (262 in this case) are disabled on NuGet. Do you need that older build? We can re-enable it, but I don't see the point in doing this.

Build 265 can't be uploaded to NuGet because of their failed approach - once you upload something, you can neither replace nor delete it. I accidentally uploaded as build 265 what should have not been uploaded, so now the only option is to wait until the next build and upload it.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: RawDisk
Access locked and protected files in Windows, read and write disks and partitions and more.

Topic viewed 1888 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!