EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Set pdf signature SigningTime to time from TSP

Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages
Posted: 09/06/2013 06:58:26
by Birger Jansen (Standard support level)

I have an application that signs pdf documents and adds a TSP timestamp.

Since not all users can see the timestamp details (not all pdf-readers support this) I want to set the SingingTime to the time that is received from the TSP.

I cannot find a way to do this, can you point me in the right direction?

I'm also thinking it might not even be possible since then the document's signature must be changed after the timestamp is added?
Posted: 09/06/2013 07:21:19
by Dmytro Bogatskyy (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

Signing time for the signature is set using TElPDFSignature.SigningTime, see:
https://www.eldos.com/documentation/sb...gtime.html

But, It couldn't be modified after signing, as it is signed.
Posted: 09/06/2013 08:02:08
by Birger Jansen (Standard support level)

ok, that's what I was affraid of...

So the only option for a user to check the signing time is to look at signing details since the signing time from the TSP cannot be added to the stamp. Is that correct?
Posted: 09/06/2013 08:13:39
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Potentially, as your signing process is automated, several seconds should not make difference. You can put Now + 3000 (+3 seconds) to the signature's text, then sign and timestamp it. The value will be maybe a second or two different from TSP's time But you need to understand that the timestamp's time indicates when the document was timestamped, not when it was signed by you (which could be two different times, BTW). So it makes sense that local time and TSP's time are different. Yet it will confuse users, I think .

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 09/16/2013 05:13:19
by Tho Mr (Basic support level)

You can to send me the code secure black box to digitalsign on iOS by Xcode. thks!
Help me. i need a source code in Xcode to digital sign on iOS, help me!!!
Posted: 09/16/2013 05:22:58
by Mykola Olshevsky (Basic support level)

Please visit SecureBlackbox pre-release Downloads page at https://www.eldos.com/sbb/download-prerelease.php#product , it contains C++ edition for iOS/Mac OS.
Posted: 09/16/2013 05:24:50
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

You can to send me the code secure black box to digitalsign on iOS by Xcode. thks!

SecureBlackbox C++ edition is shipped with samples. You may use them as a reference to implement signing on iOS.
Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.

Statistics

Topic viewed 781 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!