EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Loading keys to ElRSAKeyMaterial

Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.
Posted: 05/10/2006 17:38:52
by Luis Arenal (Standard support level)

I need to assign the PublicKey and SecretKey properties of an object of type TElRSAKeyMaterial (Vcl version).
The public key resides in a X.509 certificate file (*.cer) and so far I loaded the certificate in
an object of type TElX509Certificate.
The private key resides in a PKCS8 compliant file (*.key) and I loaded it in an object of
type TElPKCS8PrivateKey.
My question is, how do I assign these keys to my TElRSAKeyMaterial object from the mentioned objects?

Thank you very much.
Posted: 05/11/2006 05:02:33
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

The private key material can be accessed via TElPKCS8PrivateKey.KeyMaterial property. You can load it into TElRSAKeyMaterial object using its LoadSecret method.
Posted: 05/11/2006 08:42:15
by Luis Arenal (Standard support level)

And how can I assign the TElRSAKeyMaterial.PublicKey from the TElX509Certificate object?
Posted: 05/11/2006 13:51:23
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Please consider using TElRSAKeyMaterial.Import method. This method also imports the private key material if it is available in the supplied TElX509Certificate instance.

Topic viewed 4942 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!