EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

sftp open returns error code 11

Also by EldoS: CallbackProcess
A component to control process creation and termination in Windows and .NET applications.
Posted: 08/07/2013 07:07:04
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

I've created a Helpdesk ticket for you. Please post the information there.
Posted: 08/07/2013 07:53:42

The solution: if your server identifies it-self as 'f7u12', then you should turn off all CTR encryption algorithms (SSH_EA_AES128_CTR, SSH_EA_3DES_CTR, SSH_EA_BLOWFISH_CTR etc.) to make it work.
Posted: 08/07/2013 08:26:09
by Ton Trommelen (Standard support level)

Great! That solved it!

THANKS!
Posted: 08/07/2013 08:29:14

JFYI: the next SecureBlackbox build will contain a workaround for this server.
Posted: 10/09/2015 17:00:41
by Sidney Goldbach (Standard support level)

Hello,
I have same error 11 right when connecting, but in my case I am using Delphi/sftp with the Eldos Transport Package.
Actually previously I was using the trial version, all successfully for long time.
Because our trial has just expired my company bought yesterday the full package and coincidently now I only can get this error 11 for some reason.
Will appreciate so much any help in a bit urgency, please.
(BTW, I know Eugene has been talking to other developers in here already)
Thanks a lot!
Sidney
Posted: 10/09/2015 18:30:59
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Hi Sidney,

Thank you for contacting us.

The first thing to clarify is the stage of the protocol where the error happens (depending on the stage, different resolution/investigation methods may apply). Could you please check if OnKeyValidate and OnAuthenticationSuccess events are fired by the component at all for you?

Besides, could you please let us know whether error 11 is returned to you via the component's OnError event or via an exception?

Thanks,

Ken
Posted: 10/09/2015 19:52:09
by Sidney Goldbach (Standard support level)

Actually I think just fixed it.
I just found somewhere in your forums an advice about turning off all encryptions. I did that and it seems that fixed my issue.
I still have problems retrieving the DirectoryList from the server but I'm not sure if people over there have changed the sub-directories names or if there is an error in my code.
Thanks a lot
Sidney
Posted: 10/10/2015 02:32:02
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Hi Sidney,

I believe by turning off all encryptions you actually mean turning off all encryptions AND switching them back on one by one, is that correct? That's because you are not supposed to be able to connect after turning off all algorithms and not enabling back at least one of them.

I still have problems retrieving the DirectoryList from the server but I'm not sure if people over there have changed the sub-directories names or if there is an error in my code.

It would be great if you let us know what exactly problems you are facing. I also suggest that you try to connect to the server with one of the sample SFTP apps (SimpleSFTPDemo would work great) and check if it works out fine. The sample apps are server-independent and are a good option to check general capabilities of any SFTP server.

Ken
Posted: 10/10/2015 03:13:15
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Sidney,

on a side note, I’ve noticed there is no Support Access Ticket linked to your user account on EldoS site. Technical Support is provided to customers with the linked Support Access Ticket. You will find your Support Access Ticket together with all the details about how to use it in the registration e-mail that we’ve sent to you upon the purchase.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.

Statistics

Topic viewed 8073 times

Number of guests: 2, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!