EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

How to Add p7b certificate to PFX file

Also by EldoS: RawDisk
Access locked and protected files in Windows, read and write disks and partitions and more.
Posted: 07/22/2013 15:26:11
by Casper Ng (Basic support level)

Dear sir/madam,

My client provides me a cer and a p7b files. In order to do file upload and download with the client's ftps server using Secured Black Box, Eugene Mayevski gave me an idea to create the PFX file our from the p7b file. I tried to look into the object TElMemoryCertStorage but cannot get the way.

Can any one advise or to provide the sample codes of how to create the PFX file out from the cer and p7b files?

As the answer to this may be helpful to the others, I would like to put this into this forum to share with the others.

thanks very much.

Casper
Posted: 07/22/2013 23:56:35
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

I am sorry for possibly misleading answer, but you don't need to add p7b to PFX. You need to load certificates from any format to the instance of TElMemoryCertStorage class (using one of its LoadFromStream***() methods), then use this instance to access individual certificates (if needed) or to authenticate on the server.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Statistics

Topic viewed 618 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!