EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Silent / unattended install of SecureBlackbox

Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.
Posted: 07/17/2013 11:11:26
by Jared Sanders (Basic support level)

Hello Eldos,

I was wondering, is it possible to install SecureBlackbox silently, and if so, how?

If your installation package was an MSI or InstallShield, silent install would be very easy, but as you are using an old version of Wise Installer, I don't even know if it is possible without having to repackage the whole thing by hand, which would take many weeks.

I need to deploy this application overnight to a couple dozen remote workstations.

Thanks for your help,
J. Sanders
Posted: 07/17/2013 11:22:09
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

As the deployment instructions in the help file say, you must NOT use the installer we provide for deployment. Please refer to the help file for details.

Also, if you have a license, please link the license ticket to your user account. The ticket itself and the procedure of its use are specified in the registration e-mail that was sent to you upon license purchase. If you don't have the license ticket, please contact the person from which you have obtained the license key (the one in your source code) for a license ticket.

NOTE: please don't post license keys and license tickets to the forum. If you need to clarify something about your license, please use HelpDesk ( http://www.eldos.com/helpdesk/ ).

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 07/17/2013 12:55:02
by Jared Sanders (Basic support level)

Hi Eugene,

Thanks for your reply. However, I think you misinterpreted my question. I need to deploy the SecureBlackbox installation to system developers' workstations so they can start using its components in their projects, I am not trying to deploy an application depending on SecureBlackbox.

Thank you,
J. Sanders
Posted: 07/17/2013 13:27:49
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Oh, I am sorry.

/S parameter in command-line would make setup application install everything silently with default settings. This might be not what you expected, but that's all what we can offer.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Statistics

Topic viewed 1446 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!