EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

FTPS client for Windows Phone version. Abort opertation?

Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.
Posted: 07/13/2013 06:39:53
by Ray Adams (Basic support level)

Hello

I am thinking of buying package with FTP client for Windows Phone. I have downloaded and tested it and found that this is useless for me. Your components doesn't use any async operations.

Is it possible to implement at least two features:
1. Download file which returns network Stream object, not downloaded file! So I can implemented saving it to local file with ability to cancel operation at any time.
2. Same for uploading file. Let say UploadStream returns Network stream and application by itself save chunks if bytes into stream with of course ability to just cancel operation.
Posted: 07/14/2013 03:04:31
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Hello Ray,

Thank you for contacting us.

Async operations are implemented in extension assemblies. In your particular case, please reference the SecureBlackbox.FTPS.Async.dll from your project to get access to UploadStreamAsync() method.

There is also OnProgress event available allowing you to track progress of a transfer operation and cancel it at any time.

Statistics

Topic viewed 630 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!