EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

PDF widget distributed signing

Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.
Posted: 07/09/2013 08:18:56
by Kees de Wit (Standard support level)

Is there a way to insert the PDF widget after presigning?
Posted: 07/09/2013 08:22:11
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

Could you clarify what do you mean by "presigning"?
Posted: 07/09/2013 08:44:33
by Kees de Wit (Standard support level)

Of course, sorry I was not clear.

As in the ASPNet_Distributed example the first step is to pre sign the document. This is what I mean with "presigning".

The second step is to complete the signature. Is it posible to insert or change the PDF widget in this stage?
Posted: 07/09/2013 11:59:26
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Hello Kees,

I am afraid it is not possible, sorry. The body of the signature widget is included into the hash calculation procedure on the pre-signing stage, so altering (or inserting) it on the finalization stage invalidates the signature.
Posted: 07/09/2013 11:59:52
by Dmytro Bogatskyy (EldoS Corp.)

No, it is not possible. As signature widget should be signed.
As I understand, you want to include a user info into a signature widget, in this case you need to submit a public certificate or custom info in the first step (in the sample it is "Default" aspx file).
Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages

Topic viewed 469 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!