EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

TElSimpleFTPSClient PROT settings error

Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.
Posted: 06/21/2013 07:01:38
by Gema Cueto (Basic support level)

I'm testing the TElSimpleFTPSClient component from the SecureBlackBox (VCL version) with an unlocked key license. The component is defined inside a C++Builder 2007 program that only downloads a file from an explicit FTP over TLS server.

I've tested the program ant it runs OK. However, in some cases, without any modification in the computer and/or the program, the component returns the following message:

class EElFTPSUnacceptedReplyError with message "Unaccepted server reply (error code is 521)"

On debugging, the LastGotString value of the client is "521 Data connection cannot be opened with this PROT setting".

I've already launched the WinSCP to check if the server status, and I was able to download files without any problem while my program was returning that message.

Do yo know why the program fails sometimes and another times runs without errors?

Thank you in advance
Posted: 06/21/2013 07:20:40
by Mykola Olshevsky (Basic support level)

Hi. Do you set .EncryptDataChannel property to something (true or false)? If not, please try to set it to true and if this will not work - to false.
This should fixe the issue.
Posted: 06/25/2013 05:47:31
by Gema Cueto (Basic support level)

I implemented your suggestion changing the EncryptDataChannel property to true. I have tested my program several times and it doesn't fail anymore.

Thanks again.

Topic viewed 554 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!