EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Will the SecureBlackbox be compatible with RSA 2048 bit keys?

Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.
Posted: 06/19/2013 06:41:59
by Bartosz Rakowski (Basic support level)

I can not find enough technical details about SecureBlackbox (Delphi Vcl edition) to decide whether it supports RSA 2048 bit keys.
Searched the site, searched the forums, but without success. After seeing technical documentation about classes I'm starting to guess it doesn't support such keys. Am I right or wrong?

Please help
Posted: 06/19/2013 06:45:36
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

SecureBlackbox supports RSA keys of 2048 bits length and higher.
Posted: 06/19/2013 06:46:22
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

handling of asymmetric keys from 512 to 16384 bits.

This includes 2048-bit RSA keys.

Another thing to consider is where you plan to use them. High-level protocols (PGP, SSH, SSL etc.) can have additional restrictions regarding key length in *certain* modes, but those restrictions are not of SecureBlackbox but of particular *modes* of algorithms, and are usually bypassed by selecting another mode (when it's supported by the other party).

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 07/08/2013 04:54:15
by Bartosz Rakowski (Basic support level)

Thank you for answers.
We are already using SecureBlackbox to securely sign xml documents. One of our clients raised some issues about compatibility with particular certificate vendor. Due to privacy policy we have very limited capabilities to verify a nature of such problems, but one of the main vendor's characteristics is their 2048-bit RSA key length. So, that's the reason I've asked.

Nevertheless, we have made appropriate actions to investigate the issues and hopefully we will gather more insight into a problem. Thank you once again for the answers.
Posted: 07/08/2013 05:10:21
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

I suggest you to assign the license ticket that you received with SecureBlackbox registration letter to your web site account to get Standard support level, which is much faster comparing to the Basic support level which is automatically assigned to you if no license ticket is assigned.

About the issue, what exactly kind of problem are you or your customer facing? It would be great to see the exact operation that fails, the error code and/or exception text returned.
Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.

Topic viewed 1522 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!