EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

ZipWriter streaming compression

Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.
Posted: 06/17/2013 14:48:21
by Casey R (Basic support level)

I am trying to create streaming Zip file support using our Eldos package; I don't think Eldos currently supports this but I wanted to verify. The goal is to end up with a single compressed log file. The app will continuously write messages to the compressed file, without having to do one massive compress at shutdown of the application.

From my reading, the BeginCompression->Add->UpdateCompression->EndCompression path will create a new compressed file in the archive for each Add(). Is there a way to Add() to the same file each time and have it append to the same archive, then on the EndCompression() call it will write the CRC info at the end of the file in the data descriptor segment?

That way I will end up with logfile.zip that contains only 1 file, e.g. logfile.txt within the archive itself.

Thank you
Posted: 06/17/2013 15:01:51
by Mykola Olshevsky (Basic support level)

Hi. Unfortunately, there is no way to update and compress the stream on the fly yet.
Posted: 06/17/2013 15:06:26
by Casey R (Basic support level)

OK thanks for the quick reply

Statistics

Topic viewed 553 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!