EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

registered BPL components problem

Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.
Posted: 02/28/2007 07:26:57
by jc charreteur (Standard support level)

I've installed new version of Secure BlackBox
Some of my clients can't start my software because of version differences
It works well on some computers, and bad on others
Without messages.
The fact is that some of them add installed another software, from a partner
which requested to register your components.
Afer unregistring, and application removal, the problem is still present

Did you experiment same problem elsewhere ?
Can you have some suggestion or elements to help me?
Thanks. JCC
Posted: 02/28/2007 07:35:17
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

1) what edition of SecureBlackbox are you using?
2) I don't understand the exact problems. Are you talking about a conflict with some other software which also uses SecureBlackbox?

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 02/28/2007 07:48:48

After reading the caption again, I understand that you use the VCL version. In this case the solution is to place the BPLs to the same folder where your application is located, and not to Windows system folder. Another option is to avoid using BPL at all.
Finally, you can build your own BPL from SecureBlackbox source code, and use this custom BPL. We use this approach in several end-user applications.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 02/28/2007 07:51:42
by jc charreteur (Standard support level)

I use your last version for C++ Builder 6. I've upgraded yesterday and last week
Version 5.0.107

The problem is that my software doesn't start, no message while double-clicking on the icon program
I had no problem before updating with your new components, it's OK on new PC computer, but it doesn't work on some PC. Why ? The only indication I can give is on these PC, a previous version was registered with REGSVR32 for your BPL files.
I'm sorry not having more information

Concerning your second message, BPL are in same folder, and I never use registry to avoid such problems
Posted: 02/28/2007 08:05:42

regsvr32 has nothing to do with VCL edition. The problem must be somewhere else. All I can offer is compile the application without packages.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: RawDisk
Access locked and protected files in Windows, read and write disks and partitions and more.

Topic viewed 2747 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!